Nov 19, 2015

SPECTRE Review



Hi friends this is an experiment to review the 24th BOND movie from my point of view.

Being a hard core fan of Bond movies I was literally waiting for the release of this, after having the disappointment of watching the SKYFALL (even though it was a hit worldwide and gave the calibre to EON Productions to do SPECTRE) I was pretty hopeful about SPECTRE. But I realised that soul of James bond cannot be reinvented without Ian Fleming, the movie horribly lags from the story point of view. The Movie SPECTRE has all the elements Ian Fleming created for James Bond including SPECTRE (SPecial Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge, and Extortion) but miss the soul somewhere, I can say that it has Milk, water, tea powder and sugar but it's not tea.

The movie is based on the final command James received from ex- M (Judi Dench) which leads him to the existence of SPECTRE organization and its roots.

From my point of view it’s a quiet convincing movie and entertainer but it lags the bond element but has some extra element which is borrowed from spy series like Mission Impossible, Jack Bourn etc. The problem is these elements are not there in the DNA of character James bond.

I should consider this movie as a mix of many Bond movies, Mission Impossible movies and Jason Bourne Movies, and NDTV reports that Pierce Brosnan ("SPECTRE is neither fish nor fowl. It's neither Bond nor Bourne. Am I in a Bond movie? Not in a Bond movie? But Daniel, in the fourth go-round, has ownership of it. He had a nice looseness to him,"). The movie has some fight scenes exactly copied from earlier bond movie - live and let die the only thing which we missed is the mechanical arm of tee hee. It has either been a fashion now a day that Spy agencies are facing shutdown orders from the government and an agent recovering the name and fame of the department and has already seen many movies like MI-ghost protocol. The personal connection of the villain with James also surprised me as I don’t remember any such thing in previous bond movies. As far as I understand SPECTRE is conceived as different entity and James has to confront SPECTRE as a part of mission. The movie lags in terms of the fancy futuristic technologies as well, for which the JB movies are well known. The only thing we go to see is some minor modifications in AM DB10 and the Omega watch.

Now I should say what did like about the movie SPECTRE. First of all I personally like SPCTURE as it is the right enemy for Mi6, secondly my personal favourites of bonds are Roger Moore, Pierce Brosnan and Sean Connery, like my favourite villains is Donald Pleasence and Adolfo Celi guess what the new Villain resembles him too much and the third thing is Daniel Criag as James Bond, I should this the first movie of Daniel Criag succeeded as He had that oo7 feel in this movie unlike Sky fall or predecessors. I also liked the way they have handled the female counter part (Dr. Madeleine Swann - Léa Seydoux) of Bond and she is absolutely stunning in the silver outfit on the train, sorry in the train - we have different meaning for "On a train" in Bond movies :P . BTW being a fan of SHERLOCK it will be injustice if I don't mention Mr. Andew Scott who did a nice role in SPECTRE but I doubt it his best.

Bottom line: All together SPECTRE is a quite Convincing SPY movie and worth watch I, should say. But Bond fans I am sorry you may get disappointed except the performance of Daniel Craig, because we have already had many BOND feasts like You only live twice, World is not enough, Live and let die, Die another day, Doctor No, etc. However I recommend watching this movie as its worth watching.

Rating: -

My rating as a movie 8.5/10 My rating as a oo7 movie 6/10

IMDB :- 7.2

Rotten tomatoes :- 6.4 Average audience score 3.6/5

Bookmyshow:- 8.7


0 comments: